|Harlow Museum is a good starting point for any exploration of
Harlow, tracing its archaeological history. When Sir Frederick
Gibberd created his masterplan, he preserved Old Harlow
and hamlets such as Churchgate Street. These now provide a
fascinating contrast and complement to Harlow's evolution, and
he dedicated much of his life to the town. His legacy remains in
the Gibberd Gallery, in the new civic centre, and the sculpture
garden. There are 170 listed buildings in and around Harlow.
For a selection of historical buildings see below.
To find out more click on its URL.
1. The Museum of Harlow
2. Audley End House & Gardens - SaffronWalden
3. Hadleigh Castle - Leigh-on-Sea
4. Hylands House - Chelmsford
5. Ingatestone & Ingatestone Hall - Chelmsford
6. RHS Garden Hyde Hall - Chelmsford
7. Waltham Abbey Castle and Waltham town.